Thursday, March 19, 2009

U make me wanna ...

u make me wanna - blue



Morning ... as US markets jump up for past one week, I get excited and BUSY. Hehe ... well, on personal side nothing much except time to set trial exams paper again ... exams time is near for my 116 students who will be sitting for their A-level exams coming May/June. Exams is part of students' lives. I wish to live a day seeing EXAMS will not be the utter most importance in our education system but ... guess we will not be seeing such. In fact, our society are following our kiasu-neighbour Spore!! This is especially true for Chinese-community who do not want to lose-face to their friends/relatives ... and surrounding. "How many A your daughter got arr??" Hai ya, stupid girl got ONLY 8A1 and 3A2 la ... her cousin brother got 10A1 and 2A2, you know. I m so embarassed la". These will be conversation of those STUPID parents speaking about in wet-markets, churches/temples, or during a direct-selling convention!! Haha ... plain stupidity of our un-educated society. Anyway, I m not suppose to called my surrounding STUPID? Ok ok ... be milder ... err ... ignorant? No no .. better still, I M THE STUPID MORON. Sound better now. Phew!! Hehe ... Let the aunties continue to brag and boast ... and their poor kids feel the tremendous pressure without realising that they are actually "forced" to do what their parents want them to do --- to save their FACE-si la.

Ok, back to my exams paper ...

TEH

p/s : I was teaching a batch of students who just got their SPM results. 11+11+11+8+6 "A"s among 5 of them!! Excellent results, indeed.

4 comments:

  1. i remember last yr u blogged about the similar issue. number of As, parents, stupid, pointless. :D i pity those whose parents are kiasu.

    wuah. really excellent results ah the new students! means a lot might be leaving IS as well?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi bing.

    Reggie, in this coming june exams, once the result out, I will be singing my 'music' AGAIN. My blog is the only place I could speak to MYSELF, how STUPID i feel our society is when it comes to EDUCATION. I m surrounded by these people!! Help!! Haha.

    I admire a student like YOU most, surely WILL do better than those 16A's students.

    Again, I m the odd one out to hv such a thinking and will be seen as anti-social. WE WANT MORE A's, please. So, the gov is ALL OUT to please the parents? Hmm ... wait till you know the WHOLE picture of our EDUCATION system : I can share with you. If I write in this blog, OUR school autority will disapprove, state education ministry will barred me from teaching and MALAYSIA NATIONAL EDUCATION MINISTER might want to call me up to yam-char. WHY? Because I m exposing the whole stupidity of the whole systems!!

    They are fighting now whether to use BM or ENGLISH as a medium for math/science? They even take it up to the street?? TELL ME what is RIGHT with our education system since 1973?

    TEH

    ReplyDelete
  3. mr teh, haha! yes. we dont really have freedom of speech here. unlike places like America, we have to conserve our thoughts and all that. what to do...
    thank u for ur praises. :)
    i actually think they should stick to english if they already decided to change it. my batch was the last batch that studied in Malay for science n maths and it was hard to adapt when we went to IS. but then again, i realised that it was because we studied science and maths in malay that we are able to understand more malay than the other students. except for those who genuinely pay attention to their malay teachers la. those are diff! :D
    our education system is just silly.

    ReplyDelete