Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Blood Donation

Well, we have our yearly Blood Donation campaign on today and tomorrow. So, if u forgot to bring your blood today, you may bring it tmr and donate, ya.

As usual, I donated ... that explains WHY I m so thin, ok? I donated twice or thrice a year, u know. It is slightly better for me as they have it from 2pm to 8pm. So, I could go around 6.30pm where there are less crowd(almost none?).

I spoken to two Indian girls who 'attended' to me ... trying to make donors feeling calm and safe? Haha ... they are doing a good job, indeed. hehe ... You see, there are NOT many Indians in Sabah ... so, it is surprising if you could find TWO speaking to u!! They mentioned the loss of Indian culture in their community and how they feel about it. These days 'educated' Indians seldom speak Tamil(or other dialects) with their kids. So, maany youngsters could not speak their mother-tongue!! Ask a Kadazan kid who is studying in our school to speak his/her mother-tongue, chance is that he/she can't utter much.

Anyway ... nice to see blood flowing out!! Gushhh ... haha. We are given a nice 'pax-gift' as appreciation. Not bad.

I have helped in so many NGOs in their campaign(blood donation is one of them) ... and seeing our students helping out till 8pm, that reminds me of my 'younger' times. :-)

TEH

No comments:

Post a Comment