Monday, April 20, 2009

Superman

Superman (It's not Easy) by Five for Fighting



Superman (It's Not Easy) by Five for Fighting.

I can't stand to fly
I'm not that naive,
I'm just out to find
The better part of me

I'm more than a bird
I'm more than a plane
I'm more than some pretty face beside a train
And it's not easy to be me

Wish that I could cry
Fall upon my knees
Find a way to lie,
'Bout a home I'll never see

It might sound absurd,
But don't be naive
Even heroes have the right to bleed
I may be disturbed
But won't you conceive
Even heroes have the right to dream
And it's not easy to be me

Up, up, and away, away from me
But it's alright,
You can all sleep sound tonight
I'm not crazy or anything

I can't stand to fly
I'm not that naive,
Men weren't meant to ride
With clouds between their knees

I'm only a man in a silly red sheet
Digging for kryptonite on this one way street
Only a man in a funny red sheet
Looking for special thing inside of me
Inside of me
Inside of me
Yeah, inside of me
Inside of me

I'm only a man in a funny red sheet
I'm only a man looking for her dream
I'm only a man in a funny red sheet
And it's not easy
Oooo oooo oooo

It's not easy
To be
Me

7.50 am : Morning ... Sometime I wish to say that I m not a "Superman" but I think I wish to be a "Superman". When I was younger, perhaps I wish I could fly after watching the first Superman, The Movie. Yeah, any other young boys would be, I dreamt of becoming the man-of-steel. I won't feel the pain, I don't have to eat and could fly to any places at anytime I wish ... and the best part of it, I will be saving the world and becoming a HERO.

Today, I no longer day-dreaming but at times, I wish I m REALLY strong to withstand so much of pressure(mostly the expectation from myself) against the community/society. I simply hear too much of NOISES from my surrounding. Sometimes I feel so drown by the noises that I could not enjoy the nice melodies playing in my mind. I get really sad.

Yeah, sometimes I wish to share with Mag that it is not easy to be me. I don't have common thinking. I have to struggle internally, trying to conform to the majority and I m deceiving myself. II hv to let go of so many of my principles in the name of being NORMAL. I m forced to hypocritely smile to people aroound, and listen to craps they are speaking about. And no matter what I think about, I hv no outlet to share. I feel trap inside my own thoughts. It is certainy not easy to be ...me. I m not being myself now, anyway.

Can MONEY really release me freely AWAY from this materialisitic world? I know I m planning to earn my first million in 3-5 years time, and it is becoming clearer that it is possible. Using KNOWLEDGE to generate huge amount of MONEY ... I hope I dont go insane anytime soon. The pace I m going is really insane. I hv to mute my emotion, to work extremely hard, living far below my means ... in the sake of accumulating wealth. That is NOT the direction of live I wish for ... I wish to be a Superman ... to fly with birds, swim with dolphins and mermaids and to run in safari with zebras? How I wish ...

In reality, I hv tonnes of papers to mark and loads of economic/biz data to digest. In reality, I hv to keep mum about my thoughts(not even allowed to speak my mind in my OWN blog as it has been seen inappropriate for a lecturer to write something deemed "BAD"). You could imagine amount of insanity inside me, facing the stupidity of my surrounding.

I wish to fly ...

Jeff Chang & Carina Lau - 有一点动心 <--- a memorable song dedicated to me. Today, I can understand the meaning of the song.




TEH

No comments:

Post a Comment