Friday, April 17, 2009

Emil Chow(Wa Kin)

周華健 - 風雨無阻



周華健 - 愛相隨



I m marking papers ... while listening to Emil Chao's oldies ... very nice. SO, I search for its old mtv in youtube. There!! The magic of internet and sharing.

I remember his first album which I bought(a cassette as we do not hv CDs then) as I was still in varsity. An original cassette cost me about RM8 then. It is VERY expensive as I have to give tuition and supporting myself during varsity time. Time was hard and harsh then. Anyway, I was introduced to Emil by a course-mate from Johore, Debbie(can't remember much about her, tho. Hehe). She was a big fan of Emil. I was listening to CHINESE songs to learn the language and also, to enjoy music, of coz. In the 80s, English hits were VERY good then. Duran-duran was one of my favourite.

Back to Emil ... one of his first hits was "Chui Zhen De Meng" means "the real dream". Then, followed by "Zhai Ai Wo Ba" mean "Love me again". It was top-10 hits in radio, then. Debbie took the trouble to write the lyrics of the songs in Han-Yu Pin-Yin(my version tho). That is how I started to like Emil's songs.

Today, Debbie should be 43 yrs old mom, somewhere out there. As she is majoring in Chemistry, we parted in 3rd-year, 1988. Shhh ... nothing happen between us. We are not really close, except for EMIL --- her idol, then. So Debbie(Soh? I think)... thanks for the lyrics you translated for me. I kept it well till I shifted to KK here. I left it in KL ... it is lost forever. She is one of the few I talked with during Varsity (1987-1989). I hardly knew more than 10 of them!!

周華健 - 讓我歡喜讓我憂 <--- I sang this song to my wife(gf then) before. Haha



周華健 - 我是真的付出我的愛 (1988) <--- 21 years old!!



Finally, I could find the older hits!! His first album is beautiful. The cassette I bought 21 years ago could no longer play(I think I still have it in one of the boxes!!) but I hv the songs(most his songs!!) in mp3. Hehe

周華健 - 再愛我吧 <--- Please love me again ...



In term of physical beauty, Debbie is very normal(perhaps that is why I m not attracted to her then?) but today I realised that such a nice and kind-hearted lady could make anyone's lives better. Yes, she is also charitable and will actively helped in organising activities in MU. I never bother much about her invitations for the activities or functions. I m too busy with my tuition(never busy studying, tho ... as I never study at all during younger days!!)

周華健 - 最真的夢 <--- The truest dream



周華健 - 不願一個人 <--- Don't wish to be alone



Being 'handicapped' as not handsome and poor, I used to have an insecure feeling that NO lady will ever like to be with me, not even close to me. That was at least what my 2nd aunty always laugh at me. HAHA ... you are so ugly, I wonder who the BLIND girl will even be with you. Furthermore, you stinked. My ego was bruised and queitly, I started to BELIEVE that was a FACT. Hmmm ...

I looked around myself ... well, I have a girl I like very much, my first in my young heart. I wrote her a short love-letter but never have the guts to hand it to her. The secret was exposed when my aunty found it in my school-bag!! I never thought anyone will look into my school bag, ok? I was so so naive ... I cried a lot over it. I was Standard Six, then. Haha ... yeah, a puppy love that lasted till my next crush when I was form 3? BTW, she is Liaw Han Nee(I used to call her honey!!), married when she was 33(10 years ago). She was my play-mate when I was in standard 1 & 2. We do almost everything together till we were 'big' enough to feel shy? Never mind ... hehe

Well, will write an inetresting recall of ALL the girls who came in my life and out ... some lost forever? It will definitely be very loong ...

Again, some idiots(those so-called educated jerks who stalk others blogs) might question my MOTIVES of writing about it. HEY, we don't need motives to write in OUR own personal lives, ok? If I m going to write about sex or put some nudity here(being seen as art?), that is MY CHOICE. And if I want to voice out about my opinions regarding our stupid surroundings, I HAVE MY WAY. Buck off!

TEH

No comments:

Post a Comment